Friday, May 21, 2010

Article in The Age today

Elise Hearst, Patrick McCarthy and I appear in The Age talking all about 2010 EWF  48 hour play generator today, by Annie Stevens. I can't find a link to it at the mo', but if you happen to be in Melbourne you can pick up a copy.

Tonight is the launch of the festival, and the 5 beautiful and talented writers will be presented on stage with their "stimulus" and then scurry off their caves to write tout suite.

Choosing the stimulus was not tricky. Rather, I completely refused to think about it until I knew I had time, and then, based on Ray Gill's suggestion of a scenario rather than a motif or theme, I found my mind racing relentlessly through varying scenes one night, delaying my sleep and refusing to be put off.

In the end, it popped in unexpectedly and refused to leave, even when I attempted to push myself further out into the reaches of my imagination. Now, of course I can think of a hundred other ideas, but this one chose me, and it sits in a little envelope somewhere in Lisa Dempster's easy reach, to be announced within the next 12 hours.

I attach here another article by Annie Stevens, cos its tops
Article

No comments:

Post a Comment