Sunday, May 9, 2010

The thing about being a single parent...


...is that at its best it is really about being good at sharing. And often, you're not actually single at all, but supported and challenged by a myriad of voices. I for one share the raising of my child with his father (5 nights per fortnight), my partner (who does not live-in, but with whom we do sleep overs once a week) and my parents who look after my boy on Saturdays so I can work. Sharing, indeed!
Love this article, by Jo Case, which certainly goes some way to articulating the complexities, although I certainly don't cry as much when I hand my kid over...

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/shared-custody-the-best-and-worst-20100507-ujm0.html


and Kill Your Darlings journal, of which Case is the deputy editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment