Monday, September 20, 2010

Julia Cameron

In putting together the one day spiritual writing workshop, which ran yesterday, I came across an amazing free resource from the magnificent Julia Cameron. Her classic tome The Artist's Way is a wonderful program designed to unlock and unleash creativity.

On her website she provides a free PDF of two processes she recommends  - the morning pages and the artist date. These two together represent the relationship of artist with the world - we need time to empty it out and time to soak it up. The world that is. Undertake these two simple things and you'll be well on your way to communicating with the creative Self, perhaps currently buried under the rubble of your daily life.

I am just about to begin an intensive 6 months of full time work on a highly demanding and exciting project. It seems a brilliant time to take up the morning pages in particular, to keep a lifeline to my writerly self, to decrease my inefficiency in my new role brought about by a mind of useless and exhausting thoughts, and to keep my grounded in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment