Monday, July 19, 2010

Why parents hate parenting

This is an article I came across recently from New York Magazine by Jennifer Senior. It has so helped me feel more empowered about parenting and being a mother to my 3 year old son. A lot of stuff out there in response to this article has wanted to refute the truth in this piece but I am all for having this out there. I, for one, am thrilled to hear that I am not alone. Here is small extract:

"From the perspective of the species, it’s perfectly unmysterious why people have children. From the perspective of the individual, however, it’s more of a mystery than one might think. Most people assume that having children will make them happier. Yet a wide variety of academic research shows that parents are not happier than their childless peers, and in many cases are less so."

Here is the ARTICLE. Read it if you have kids or you're thinking about getting some!

No comments:

Post a Comment